Friday, February 22, 2013

Snow Day!

My husband enforced a snow day on me last night. We got a few inches of snow but the Chrysler 300 does NOT do well with any kind of precipitation so he took the Pilot to work and asked me to chill today. He reminded me that I am "very pregnant" and that sometimes I forget. Haha. True. He also stopped on his way home from work last night and picked me up a diet doctor pepper so that I would have absolutely NO reason to go out in it today. Love him!
So today is my snow day. I am going to write the entire day long. The goal: 8,000 words. I really want to finish the two scenes left in the chapter I am working on and knock out one more.

My goal, since starting this project has been to finish before baby. Well, because it took me so long to outline, which is my own fault because I really should have given myself more time to begin with since I didn't know what I was doing, I am going to have to write 4-6,000 words a day. I'm not sure how conducive that is for me right now. Even after 2,000 my hands are swollen and achy, but I am serious about this. I want to have something to show for my time home these past two months, besides a spotless home, before our lives change.

Regardless I will be so proud of myself for how far I've come, but when my child makes her grand appearance, I want to be able to show her that you really can set goals for yourself, and if you work hard enough you can achieve them. I want to be someone that she can look up to. I don't want to be all talk, because I have always planned to be the 'showing' kind of parent and I want to start off right. It can be done. It just wont be easy, but, friends, nothing ever is!

So, I've got biscuits and gravy simmering in a pan on the stove top because I woke up with a craving, and I lost 4 pounds in the last week so I decided that I could have it. I am going to eat, get my chores done, and sit in that chair and write!

Join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment