Monday, February 25, 2013

Because sometimes life throws your curveballs

And you have to be able to adapt. I've been sick since Saturday. Sore throat, chest congestion, bowling ball head, you know the kind. I still got my word count in on Saturday though. Yesterday I did not.
I woke up and it was one of those mornings that you knew that you just needed to be in bed all day long. My head was so full that I couldn't open my eyes properly. Not to mention the contractions that I have been having.

I intended to take the day off and just finish The Edge of Never, which took me forever to read because I had been trying to write instead. Then the power went off. My whole towns power was out. And the house was getting really cold, so I went out to my parents house to continue laying on their couch and read in the warmth.

I did finish it, and I totally recommend it to anyone who wants a good love story, that doesn't have the predictable New Adult ending. Such a good read. Then I went on to reread Fallen too Far, because the sequel Never too Far comes out tomorrow so I wanted to familiarize myself with the story. I just adore Abbi Glines. I also started Losing It because I hear nothing but great things about that book and I think its inspirational that she is only a year older then me. I still like to think of myself as a kid, although that is the furthest thing from the truth. Most people seem to wait until middle life to just do it, take the plunge, write the story that has been haunting them. I love that she didn't, and I want to support that.

Anyway its hot bath time for me. After that I am going to try to get at least 2000 words written before throwing myself into Losing It and eating some soup.

Hope you all are having a good week! Stay healthy, and warm! I hear there is another snow storm coming our way tomorrow. Be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment