Thursday, December 29, 2011

Whew.....!

Sorry for the delayed blogs this week. Things have been SUPER busy on my end lately. Hope everyone made it through the holidays in one piece. I did which is always a relief..... So, until next year, I say good riddance.

I have been diligently working on many things which is exciting. None of it has to do with writing unfortunately, although I did sit down and set up my writing goals for the next year. More on that in a few minutes.
I am getting married in April, and I have been doing yoga and walking my crazy dog to try to get into shape. I mean I realize that April is 4 months away, and there is no possible way that I can get myself into tip top shape by then, but I am at least taking small steps to better my health....... Oh, and the way I look in jeans :)
Also, my dog, -yes she's cute isn't she? Thats the only reason she isn't chinese food yet- decided that she wanted to be aggressive the other day and that is a no go in my book. She has a hard time remembering that I am the boss. So now I am doing dominance training with her, and its oh, so fun. I pray that you get a well behaved dog who loves you and does everything you want her to do whenever you command it because this sucks. I have had to completely start over on everything that I have taught her in the past year, because apparently it was the wrong thing for my dominant little bitch. Oh the joys of owning an animal.

My new years resolution is to be a better time manager. Do more with each day. And that includes writing. I'm not a goal setter. Given my history with it, I am no good. I figure I have enough disappointment in my life, without setting myself up for it voluntarily. However, a good friend of mine asked me the other week, How do you expect others to take your writing seriously when you don't take your writing seriously, and I haven't been able to get it out of my head. So, I decided to set myself a time. 7-8:30p.m. every single night to simply write. Anything. Just to be on my computer, locked up somewhere, probably my sun room and write.

I just got done reading this book the other night. I have to admit that I adored it! This is Emily Casey's debut novel, and I really look forward to reading anything else she prints! Its about a girl who gets trapped in a fairy tale. Very similar to Beauty and the Best.  Her writing style was very easy to read and understand what was happening. The characters were incredibly real. And she left a lot of unanswered questions at the end of the book, which is the perfect set up for a sequel! Buy it. I promise you wont regret it.

Just incase you have any doubts, watch this trailer, and I promise you will be hooked. Thats what got me.

Anyway, I have dinner plans to attend, so I best be off. I probably wont blog until the new year, so everyone be safe and enjoy!



Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending
 Maria Robinson quotes 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm flattered. I'm so glad you liked my book. Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure :) I look forward to the next!!

    ReplyDelete