Thursday, December 8, 2011

Whoa. Whoa!

So I have been dragging my feet about this whole organization thing when it comes to writing. I really do enjoy the whole fly by the seat of my pants style that I have started using.  BUT, as it turns out it was only good for the first part of my book. Now, this whole week I have been stuck. Its so frustrating because I have a four day a week 6-2 job, and I also do hair on the side, so the time that I can dedicate to writing, its helpful for it to be productive.

So, I started reading that book below. Its been so helpful, full of ideas. Last night I decided to sit down with index cards, as was one of her suggestions, and try to think of scenes to write to finish my novel. I'm so close, only 30,000 words away. And while that may look like a lot, if I know where I am going with my novel, I can pump those words out in no time.

Here, I have to admit, that I was a little reluctant. Like I said, usually the words and plot twists just come to me. I don't have to do any planning. So I was nervous that I wouldn't be able to think of anything to write if I knew in my head that I was being organized. However, it went really well. I think I'll have to do that more often. Its nice to see in black and white, cut and dry, what needs to happen first in order for the next thing to happen. I ended up with 23 index cards to almost finish my book. I haven't decided one tiny, big, part of the ending yet. But it will come to me.

In the meantime I am excited to have found an organizational tool to help me finish my W.I.P. I have the day off so I am going to spend it writing, and hopefully I'll get quite a bit accomplished!


"Fall seven times rise eight." Japanese Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment