Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Off the Grid

I am out at my parents house for the week. Its been nice to take a step back and just kind of relax without thinking about what the next thing I should hurry up and get done while she is napping should be. Last night my mom even stayed up with my Bird so that I could get some much needed rest. It was awesome!
Its so hard to believe that she is five weeks old now. It kind of feels like she has been here forever. I didn't realize how much I would love being someones mom. I feel really lame and old for even writing that sentence but its the truth!

Customary Punch Bowl Picture


The internet out here is kind of a hit and miss type of deal. They have "wifi" but its country wifi and if its too windy, as is usually the case because its all cornfields and there is nothing to break the wind, or if the weather is too bad, the internet and sometimes the cable goes out. Annoying but also really great. Instead of watching New Girl I have been writing. Mostly. Or at least attempting to.

Last night after I made sure the Bird was ok, I went up to my old room where I am staying and wrote until I fell asleep. I am the kind of person who thrives on routine. Its really lame and weird because I am also kind of crazy and spontaneous, but throughout the day I like to have order. I like to know what needs to be done and when its going to get done, and I like my days to go a certain way. That being said, I have decided that I should probably stop reading during the day. Those of you who follow me on Twitter know that my TBR pile is out of control and that I kind of have a problem with the 1-click button on Amazon. I decided last night that if I am going to read during the day it has to be something about the craft unless I have written that day. Seems fair. Also hard. We'll see how it goes.

Anyway, just wanted to check in real quick while the internet was working to say hello. Hope everyone has a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment