Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Baby, Moby Wrap, Totes, and Myfitnesspal

Whew, this is going to be a fast one as these are my current working conditions.


I plan to do some actual writing as well today so I am hoping that she will cooperate with that.




I've had so many ideas flowing through my head lately but have been entirely too exhausted to pursue them. Isn't that the way it goes though. I have absolutely no time to get words down on paper, so naturally, that's when I come up with the best material. It doesn't help that there have been SO many good books coming out lately and I just keep buying things that I wont have time to read in the next decade at least. :)

I had originally planned to take her first six weeks off. Not to put any pressure on myself or any extra guilt because lets be honest, if it weren't for my husband and all of his help I don't even know that we would have enough clean bottles to get us through the day. That's how little time I have. Between Harper, the house, and people wanting haircuts my days are filled to the max. I just cant stay away though, which leads me to my two favorite baby items.

The Boppy, which she will sit in looking at her hands for long enough for me to get quite a few things done, and The Moby Wrap. Now I'm not going to lie, I kind of made a lot of fun of the Moby Wrap but it has been by far the most useful thing we got! In fact, I'm using it now as I type because she was getting fussy in her swing, and I wanted to write today. Now she is sound asleep and I have two hands. Win win!

I took her out to the coffee shop the other day because I needed to get out of the house and I wanted to do a little writing. I discovered that I really need a new bag. We have this cute little Thirtyone diaper bag that a friend got us which is perfect, but between her car seat, diaper bag and my own writing bag I was starting to feel like a pack mule. I've been doing some research on large totes and the one that I found that closest meets my needs is this:
The Martha Stewart Large Tote from Staples. Its $99 and isn't a cross body though. I really don't mind too much the fact that it isn't cross body because its huge and will fit my laptop, notebook, outline, thermos for her bottles and the changing pad with absolutely no problems. But the $99 is a little hefty I think. I may cave and get it anyway. But I wondered if anyone out there had any other suggestions.

Finally, I have started tracking my calories with myfitnesspal. I have been overweight for far too long and it is time to get a hold on it. I was on the right track before I got pregnant, lost around thirty pounds. I am now about ten pounds away from my pre pregnancy weight, but I still have a ways to go. I am all signed up to run a 5k in Chicago this November and I would like to actually be someones competition. Maybe hold my own? I definitely don't want to have to walk it at all. So I need to get started! I still haven't been cleared to start working out- she is only three weeks old- but I have started walking the neighborhood because I cannot sit still!

Well friends, this has turned into a way longer blog post than I was expecting. The little bird is going to want to eat soon so I better jump off and get some actual writing done before then. Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment