Monday, November 26, 2012

Holidays

They came quickly this year, yeah? It seems weird that Thanksgiving is already done and over with and in another month from today Christmas will be a thing of the past as well.


I've been busy baking this cute little human! Everyone meet Harper Marie. This is her at five months, and we are now six months! This whole thing is going so quickly. I cant believe that in less then four months our lives are going to completely change. It doesn't seem like enough time for me to become a grown up. When I think back to my mom, she was twenty-four when she had her last of four children and she was SUCH a grown up. But maybe every kid thinks that about their parents. Here I am at twenty-four, just beginning to start my family and I still don't picture myself as someone for someone else to look up to. 
I was just telling Z the other night that sometimes I feel like we are just playing the part of a grown up with the house, the cars, the jobs, the dog, the marriage, and now the baby on the way. But maybe that's just human nature. You have to start playing the part and then you become accustomed to being the person you became. I went to a friend's house last night who is getting started in foster care and we were discussing just that. We were wondering if when you finally have a child if you just figure it out. Maybe that's when you become grown up, because you have to. I suppose we'll have to wait to see. One thing is for sure, I absolutely cannot wait to meet this little girl!

I have been writing, doing NaNoWriMo. So far I hate my story. It just doesn't haunt me and I feel like it should. I am to the point that I don't care about my characters at all and I don't like the dialogue between any of them, or the different situations I put them in. I know I need to push through, but its tricky right now. Once NaNo is done I think I want to try to write that story that has been bothering me for years. I think that's the only way I am going to be able to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment