Monday, October 1, 2012

Another New Beginning!

Its been quite a while since I have last posted here. Sorry about that. Things on my end have consisted of eating, sleeping, writing, and preparing for our newest addition, which will make its tiny debut in March!


Yup, Z and I are having a baby! Here our tiny human is at 9 weeks. I am 16 now. Its shocking how fast this is going by. We have been working on getting our house in order to house a baby. New carpet upstairs, so that we can move into the master bedroom, one of our spare bedrooms turned into a nursery.

I have it in my head that everything HAS to be done, tidied, swept up, and stored away before this arrival. Our reality is that everything that I want to have done probably wont actually happen until the kid is in its teens, but one can hope, right?

In other news I have gotten myself obsessed with another author. Sarah Jio. Have you ever read anything by her? I am charmed. She writes wonderfully. I read all of her books last week when I was sick, simply couldn't put them down. I am having a hard time deciding what my favorite one was, but I would say if I absolutely HAD to pick, it would be The Bungalow. Her writing style has such a nice flow and I love the way she can bounce from present time to the 30's or 40's and not lose you. Also, the 30's and 40's? I mean how cool is that? Seriously, read something she wrote, anything. You definitely wont regret it. She will suck you in from the first sentence, and have you late for work because you refused to go to bed at a decent time, since you simply had to know what happened to the characters. She has a way of writing her books that you know its likely that this huge thing is going to happen, but its exciting to see how she makes that thing happen. I would say that she is the queen of twists. 8 more months until her newest novel comes out, although her last new one, Blackberry Winter, just came out last week, but I've already read that one so I still can't wait for more!

Who's doing NaNoWriMo this year? I am going to sign up today. I believe that I have a decent storyline. I have been working out the kinks. I want to love the story I have to tell, so that is what I am working on most. My goal is to finish this novel before the baby arrives in March. I believe that it is a tangible goal, and I really just need to be more persistent in chasing after it. Which is a lot easier now that I have cut back my hours at work.

Anyone else working on things for Nano? What are your ideas? How are you approaching them?

No comments:

Post a Comment