Monday, April 2, 2012

Sorry

Its been a while and I apologize. In my defense though, I have been super busy. My wedding is *AUGH* 18 days away and me being me, I have pushed everything back to the very last second. So that's what I have been doing. It seems that with all of that on my plate, and working out 6 (ok more like 4-5) x's a week and with everyone who suddenly wants me to do their hair, I have zero time left at the end of the day. Well, that's not entirely true but by the time the end of the day rolls around, I officially want to do nothing.
.
I have been reading a lot though. I am currently hooked on Marian Keyes. She is fantastic. I just got done reading her debut novel Watermelon and was sad for it to end. I love books like that. Where you get so involved that its like you are saying goodbye to good friends by the conclusion.

Here is a cover photo. It really is a delightful read. It seems typical chic-lit (which I can't help but admit is pretty much all I read) but her characters are so well developed and the story line is so believable. It is a very chatty book which is right up my alley because that's how I tend to write as well.

Speaking of writing I have joined Holly Lisle's How to Think Sideways course. I have been reading things that Holly has written for about a year now. She is trying to get out of teaching and move more into full time novel writing now so she has started closing her courses. I got in right as she was closing this one. She has a lot of books on Kindle and she is very inspirational. You should go to her website here if you are interested. She is very helpful. In fact I have had friends who went to school to write, say that her courses and books are much more helpful and realistic then any class they have ever taken.

So that's that. I'm trying to make writing more of a priority. Z has been trying to make me put writing higher on my to-do's and I think I am finally ready. Yes, now probably isn't the best of times, what with the wedding and everything else on my never ending list, but those things will still be there tomorrow, and what am I gaining by making sure every little thing in my life is perfect? Nothing. I'm only losing time, precious time to fulfill my dream.

Day, n. A period of twenty-four hours, mostly misspent.
Ambrose Bierce

No comments:

Post a Comment